Saturday, February 19, 2011

Present Perfect exercises

Do you want to share?

Do you like this article?

After reading about Present Perfect Tense, now you can do the exercises below:

I. Complete the sentences below.

  1. Henry (not have) .................... a holiday since last year.
  2. You (take) ......................Joana out to dinner recently.
  3. They (stay) .......................... at the same hotel every year for three years.
  4. I (just receive) ....................... this letter
  5. My father (be) ............................... busy lately
  6. Mary (make) ................................. some dresses.
  7. I'm sorry. I (forget)......................... the title of the book.
  8. My brother (be) ......................... in the United States for three years
  9. She (read) ............................... all the workds of Shakespeare.
  10. They (visit) ............................. Bandung City many times.
II.  Change the sentences below into Present Perfect Tense sentence using For and Since.

    Example:

    I never see him
    I saw him in 1990                (Since)
    I have never seen him since 1990
  1. Harry doesn't write to Alice now. He stopped writing to her when she moved to Singapore   (since)
  2. He doesn't eat meat. He stopped eating it five years a go (for).
  3. I don't take a bus to work. I bought a car (since).
  4. He is a Sales Manager. He was promoted two years a go (for).
  5. I gain a lot of weight. I stopped exercising (since).
  6. She wears jean. She left school (since)
  7. The company is out of business. It stopped the operation about a year a go (for).
  8. My mother likes sewing. She began sewing in 1987   (since)
  9. He drives the same old car. He started driving it five years ago (for)
  10. I am a teacher in this school. I garduated from college  (since).

    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Advertisements

    Advertisements